1) INTERVIEW WAS FOR : IMT Nagpur
2) ABOUT YOURSELF (Education/Work Experience/List of calls) : Electrical Engg with 18+ months Work-exp. Lone call from IMT Nagpur.
3) No. OF PEOPLE AT THE PANEL : 3
4) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE INTERVIEW (Minimum 100 words) : The interview started with jitters but progressed well till the professor started navigating into my UG course related questions. They tried to stress me by mocking me with tricky questions. Questions started to come out of the blue ( from unrelated topics simultaneously)from three panelists. Then , it went thru known waters like " Why MBA ? What ...blah blah". Overall, my performance is OKAY.
5) KIND OF QUESTIONS ASKED : Why MBA ? What are your managerial qualities ? Real life situations for everything. Technical Qns from Graduation.
6) DURATION OF THE INTERVIEW : 25-30 mins
7) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE : OKAY.
8) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER : My UG based technical questions
9) 3 QUESTIONS THAT YOU FOUND DIFFICULT TO ANSWERS :
1. Do you want to be a jack of ALL TRADES and king of none ?
2. Technical Questions from basic Physics
10) FINAL RESULT/ EXPECTED RESULT : AWAITING RESULT.
11) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE.COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING FOR INTERVIEW : Try to attend mock interviews with unknown professors / HRs so that it will be so realistic with the real interview. Take mock interviews like u face the REAL one.
12) HOW URPERCENTILE.COM HELPED YOU IN GETTING THIS CALL ?
I used to solve Hurdles when I find time from UrPercentile, but not all hurdles but the topics which I need improvement.
1) GD WAS FOR : IMT Nagpur
2) NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE GD : 8
3) NUMBER OF PEOPLE EVALUATING : 3
4) ABOUT YOURSELF (Education/Work Experience/Calls etc) : Electrical Engg with 18+ months Work-exp. Lone call from IMT Nagpur.
5) ABOUT THE REMAINING MEMBERS IN THE GD :
1 fresher & 7 working guys. Includes guys from Google, Goldman Sachs, UB, Infy,WIPRO, TIME Faculty :-) and myself.
6) GD TOPIC : Mergers & Acquisitions are a panachea for corparate growth.
7) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE GD : We got introduced in the time before evaluators took to come in. That chilled the atmosphere. Then, we started to discuss what calls each one have and which one is better like stuff. The real GD is more of recent takeovers and mergers examples rather than qualitative inputs.
The discussion had very little qualitative discussions and everyone stating their own example to support their point of view.
Everyone had a one-minute monologue in the end that gave chance to express their views without interruption.
8) DURATION OF THE GD : 15 minutes
9) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE : Tried to enter twice with no success. After that i made entry around 2-3 times adding my viewpoint. Decent performance.
10) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER: Could have guided the discussion to different sphere by adding some different perspectives which came just after my monologue. :-)
11) FINAL RESULT/ EXPECTED RESULT : AWAITING RESULT.
12) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE.COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING FOR GD : Have constructive discussions / arguments with your friends. Try to attend GD sessions in totally new atmosphere for a feel of it. I hope that would be enough.
13) FEEDBACK ON THE WEBSITE URPERCENTILE.COM :
The website user interface can be re-modelled to be more interactive. Things could be arranged in an intuitive manner. website could be made to have a more PROFESSIONAL LOOK with little qualitative effort.
From : Stuti
FEEDBACK FOR GD :
1) GD WAS FOR :IMT gzb
2) NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE GD :16(1 was absent..so it ws 15 ppl..was one of de biggest group..and a taste of the real competition.
3) NUMBER OF PEOPLE EVALUATING :3
4) ABOUT YOURSELF :I have done B.Sc, M.Sc(Biochemistry); no work ex; Calls: MDI(PGPM, PGPHR; IMTgzb, TAPMI, LBSIM, FORE, NIRMA, IRMA)
5) ABOUT THE REMAINING MEMBERS IN THE GD : Most were eng.. as expected..and most had a work-ex of 1-3 yrs
6) GD TOPIC :Rise in the MBA salaries is not sustainable in the long run
7) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE GD :GD was a total fish market, everyone spoke..no one listened..with 16 ppl and 8 mins it was expected though..and everyone had some or the other pointt..it was difficult to enter the GD itself..I tried a lot of times to enter politely but it didnot work..and so I had to raise my voice a lot so that I had a airtime of about 30secs for which ppl listened to me..that was the only time I was heard in the GD.
8) DURATION OF THE GD :8mins
9) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE : Performance was ok only...because it was difficult for me to enter..though I did manage to do it..in this kind of situtation..Ii believe the focus isnt too much on what you speak because noone listens to u..
10) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER: Entry in the gd..thouh I did the best I could to enter..
11) FINAL RESULT :CONVERTED
12) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE.COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING FOR GD : opening the gd is the best way to enter..the competition is too tough and you have to make ur way into it..noone gives you the chance..you have to make sure that you take ur chance urself...
13) FEEDBACK ON THE WEBSITE URPERCENTILE. COM : It has been a great help as someone or the other always responds to ur queries..thank u!!
FEEDBACK FORMAT FOR INTERVIEW :
1) INTERVIEW WAS FOR : IMTgzb 2) ABOUT YOURSELF (Education/Work Experience/List of calls) :Already mentioned above 3) No. OF PEOPLE AT THE PANEL :3..the same ppl who took the GD 4) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE INTERVIEW + 5) KIND OF QUESTIONS ASKED ::Interview was fine ; concentrated on why I want to shift from Biochemistry to MBA..how will it help me in my career; what do I want to do in the future; about process patents and product patents..which is better and why...about biotech companies..which specialisation would I want to do and a lot of why to everything???was able to justify on everything...the last question was regardin my GD..was I able to put across my point in the gd..I told them that it would have been better if I did'nt shout..so they grilled more.. I was able to justify because it was a fish market and I had to make my way..they also asked if I thought i had an upper hand over the othrs in the GD because I am a PG already.. 6) DURATION OF THE INTERVIEW : 20mins..
7) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE :Good
8) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER : Fumbled a litle on the GD question
9) FINAL RESULT : CONVERTED!!(IMTgzb-FT)
11) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE.COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING FOR INTERVIEW : Be CONFIDENT of what you speak..and remember that when everything fails..only the truth survives..so its always better to be honest..
Hope it helps the MBA aspirants.. all the best to all..
From : Malay Manoj Lakhani
1) INTERVIEW WAS FOR : IMT Ghaziabad
2) ABOUT YOURSELF : BE Electronics/Infosys - close to 2 years work ex/IMT Ghz
3) No. OF PEOPLE AT THE PANEL : 3
4) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE INTERVIEW : The interview lasted only 5-6 minutes. That was the case in almost all the interviews. Wonder what they made out from that. They dint even bother to look at my certificates and results. In the panel, one guy was having tea/biscuit. Other 2 asked questions.
5) KIND OF QUESTIONS ASKED : Asked me that Why am I doing IT job if I had done electronics engg? About my client at infosys and my project. Then why MBA. And asked a question on search algorithm used in oracle ( ?! ?!? ! ). That's all
6) DURATION OF THE INTERVIEW : 5- 6min 7) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE : Decent (considering GD, which was better than average, according to me) 8) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER : They never made me feel uncomfortable in PI
9) 3 QUESTIONS THAT YOU FOUND DIFFICULT TO ANSWERS : Asked me a search algorithm used in Oracle Database. i told them all the search algorithms i knew
10) FINAL RESULT / EXPECTED RESULT: Got Full Time .. will opt for marketing (my first choice) / expected to get as GD was good and PI was not at all bad
11) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE.COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING FOR INTERVIEW : Many candidates got questions on the company that they are working for and their clients. So be well versed with that.
GD topic was ' We need drinking water and not Coke n Pepsi in rural india'. there were 15 people in GD and same 3 member panel judging.
They gave us 5 minutes to think over the topic. 8 minutes for GD. then 1 minute to each person to talk about individuals views. and then one minute to write down the summary of whole GD.
From : Shailesh Agrawal
1) INTERVIEW WAS FOR : IMT,GHAZIABAD
2) ABOUT YOURSELF (Education/Work Experience/List of calls) : B.TECH.(BIOTECHNOLOGY) FROM NIT,RAIPUR NO WORK EX
3) No. OF PEOPLE AT THE PANEL : 3
4) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE INTERVIEW :ONE PERSON WANTED TO DIVERT ME FOR NOT DOING MBA
OTHER PERSON ASKED ME ABOUT WHAT I DID AFTER B.TECH. ,MY FAMILY BUSSINESS ETC.
3RD ONE KEPT WATCHING
6) DURATION OF THE INTERVIEW : 20 MIN.
7) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE : AVERAGE
8) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER : BETTER HANDLED THE QUESTION ABOUT DOING MBA
9) 3 QUESTIONS THAT YOU FOUND DIFFICULT TO ANSWERS : NONE
10) FINAL RESULT/ EXPECTED RESULT : END OF MARCH
11) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE.COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING FOR INTERVIEW : PREPARE WELL ON PSYCHO QUESTION
From : Rishabh
1) INTERVIEW WAS FOR : IMT, Nagpur
2) ABOUT YOURSELF (Education/Work Experience/List of calls) : B.Tech from NIT,Bhopal
17month of work ex in IBM
only one call - IMT,N
3) No. OF PEOPLE AT THE PANEL : 3
4) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE INTERVIEW : Interview was for short duration around 5min.three persons was present in panel - one lady and two men. interview went smoothly because i was able to satisfy them in almost all the questions they asked.
5) KIND OF QUESTIONS ASKED : What was the news at the front page?
That day news was reduction in oil price..so they asked some question about that like is it good? and some questions based on my answers..
then why MBA?
about my hobby..
they tried to grill me in 1st two questions however i came out well..
6) DURATION OF THE INTERVIEW : 5-10 min
7) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE :
8) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER :
9) FINAL RESULT :
10) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE. COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING
FOR INTERVIEW : be honest and try to gather some general awareness and be clear on why you want to do MBA. you should be able to defend yourself on whatever you are answering because there can be different point of view for the same thing.
From : Abhishek
Date: Feb 20, time: 9 am Venue: Mumbai
First 5 min. for thinking 8 min. discussion 1 min. extempore each on the GD
5 min. to summarize the GD
My GD topic: "One cannot contribute to social sector while being employed in the corporate world".
1) Which other calls have you got? Which institute would you prefer from among IMT, spjain, XLRI and why? 2) Why MBA? 3) What are future plans after mba? 4) Your career progression doesn't seem to be straight (mechanical to software to finance) ? 5) What would you do if you don't get calls from any MBA institute?
During PI, the panel consisted of one young prof., one elder prof. and one psychologist. They did not look at my resume, and certificates.
Well the topic was something like "Should emergency services like transport be given to market players"
Well the GD was a big disaster to begin with. We were given around 20 minutes to interact with each other before the start of the GD and all the time we were talking about making sure that it doesnt get converted into a fish market and well guess what finally when it started it was nothing but a fish market. So guys be prepared for this, infact our GD was stopped once in the middle by the moderators too because of all this.
Anyways a few points were raised, Some of them coming to my mind are-
Security of the country
I also raised one or two points although I wonder who all were really listening. Almost everyone contributed [to the fish market offcourse].
There were lots of one to one encounter arguments going on.
In the end we were asked to summarize the GD in 1 minute and then given 5 minutes to write the summary.
Remember for IMT chances of a fish market happening are a lot because 8 min 14 people, there is a lot of time crunch. So don’t panic if that happens just concentrate on the 1 min summary that you have to give in the end and also on what you need to write in those 5 min.
As far as my other group mates were concerned there were people from diverse backgrounds. There were if I remember correctly 4 Engineers including me then one gal doing BDS(or something like that)and rest I guess were from commerce side, there were 2-3 guys with work ex also and also the percentiles of the students varied from 96-99......
L->Panelist sitting on the left....similar for C and R....
M->Sir may i come in....
L n R dont even notice me.
C->Yeah come in....
(I walk upto the chair and no one is noticing me or looking at me...all are interested in there own work)
M-> [After around 10 secs. or so of standing there] Sir can I take the seat.
C->Okay, So tell me something about yourself??
(He says this and then again starts looking at the form I have submitted, rest two still havent even looked up to me or saw my face.)
M->Blah blah usual Gyan stuff....[all this while all 3 interested in there own work]
suddenly C interrupts...
C->So rate your performance in GD on a scale of 5?
C->3!!!!You seriously think you did that well? It was all a fishmarket and you hardly gave 2 points.
M->Defending myself with all tht stuff like didnt wanna contribute to the fishmarket and all that...
L->[Suddenly interrupting our discussion] whats the future of IT?
L->Application of IT, how would you develop a software or something like that?
M->Gyan gyan n more gyan.
(and then suddenly lady panelist jumps into the picture and asks around 5-6 technical questions.)
I answered around 3-4 out of them, remember you can be asked tech on almost any subject that you have studied in your graduation because I wasn’t asked stuff like which are your favourite subjects or so. She just picked up one of my subjects and started asking me questions on that.
After this, they both start looking at each other.
Then they started looking at me...[as if expecting that I will myself ask them that sir can I leave]...anyways Iam also looking at all three of them and finally after some awkward seconds C looks at me and says gracefully "Thanks a lot. You may leave now."
Overall the PI lasted for around 10 min.....