2) ABOUT YOURSELF (Education/Work Experience/List of calls) :
Education : Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology, Unimersity of Mumbai
Work Experience : Working for past 20 months in L&T Infotech for past twentu months as software developer in Finance domain.
List of calls: IMT Dubai, Welingkar
3) No. OF PEOPLE AT THE PANEL : Two
4) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE INTERVIEW : I was not nervous at all and there were few light moments in the beginning and that set the right momentum for me. One of the panelist was not asking me anything. I must say panelist were enjoying the interview.
5) KIND OF QUESTIONS ASKED : Why you want pursuit MBA when you hold a good job in recognised company.
I have lots of certificates and experience in playing tabla. So I was asked why do not you take Tabla as your profession?
Did you ever had formal training for PI?
Did you ask other candidtes when they came out of room about what all questions panelist are asking?
Why not do part time MBA?
6) DURATION OF THE INTERVIEW : 25 minutes
7) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE : I performed pretty well. Thought impresses them a lot. Since my name is Sachin when I entered the room they asked me if I am Sachin Tendulkar. I replied that I wish I were ST. So started off in a very light manner and could continue with the same mood through out.
8) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER : Did not wish them when I left (Thanks, have a nice day etc.). When asked if I was asking my other mates after their interview about Qs being asked in the room, I said no. This was a lie. I had asked about how many panelist were there and how are they etc. Later I realised that it would be very easy for them to catch me on this by simply asking next fellow about me!!! Do not know if they did that...
Also I used phrases like "you know" while explaning them things. It's a bad habit.
9) 3 QUESTIONS THAT YOU FOUND DIFFICULT TO ANSWERS : Why do you want to pursuit MBA? (yes this is a standard Q but they grilled me a lot on this)
Why do not you take up Tabla as your profession?
10) FINAL RESULT : Rejected
11) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE.COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING
FOR INTERVIEW : One cannot prepare for GD PI over a day or two. The process is ongoing one. Also, we just need to be what we are in the interview. Do not pretend or portray yourself as some one else.
From : Shashi
1) INTERVIEW WAS FOR : K.J.Somaiya Institute of Management Research and Education.
2) ABOUT YOURSELF (Education/Work Experience/List of calls) :B.E/15 months in T.C.S as Software Engineer/K.J.Somaiya.
3) No. OF PEOPLE AT THE PANEL :2
4) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE INTERVIEW: Interview was mostly on TATA group,like wat do u know about TATA group, its Corporate Social Responsibility.
5) KIND OF QUESTIONS ASKED :What do u know about TATA group?
How is TATA different from other business house kind of questions.
Wat is the Corporate Social Responsibility initiative by TCS ? So mostly on TATA group only.
6) DURATION OF THE INTERVIEW : 10 min.
7) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE : I felt a bit surprised about the interest they showed in TATA not me, but later i took all interest in expalining what i know about the TATAs their Corporate social responsibility, the importance they gave to values.....all that stuff. But i would say that i did not put my best effort in the interview, i was a bit casual.
8) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER : I must have worked a bit more on knowing TATA group. Might be shown a little more confidence in my conversation.
9) 3 QUESTIONS THAT YOU FOUND DIFFICULT TO ANSWERS :
More they asked about the Coporate social responsibility.
Explaining why TATA is different from other businees houses.
10) FINAL RESULT : yet to receive.
11) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE.COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING FOR INTERVIEW : Know better the firm u r working for if u are experienced, or else may get questions abut the city u r statying, college u studied...I feel apart from all these confidence is the key.
12) HOW URPERCENTILE. COM HELPED YOU IN GETTING THIS CALL ?: Well it helped by provding all the online GD s put up in the website, as i could not attend any mock GD s.
1) GD WAS FOR : 12 min
2) NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE GD : 14 members.
3) NUMBER OF PEOPLE EVALUATING :2
4) ABOUT YOURSELF (Education/Work Experience/Calls etc) :B.E/15 months in T.C.S as Software Engineer/K.J.Somaiya.
5) ABOUT THE REMAINING MEMEBRS IN THE GD : All were experienced, all most all were software engineers.
6) GD TOPIC :Case Study was given where a Manager is not performing with his personal issues though he is has a good repute as an Excellent performer.
7) BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT THE GD :GD was cheotic.
8) DURATION OF THE GD :12 min
9) HOW WAS YOUR PERFORMANCE : I got chance 2 to put my view but was interrupted....how ever i was able to make a good mark in the team.
10) AREAS WHERE YOU COULD HAVE PERFORMED BETTER:I was trying to breing soe order in the group but was successfull to a minor extent.
11) FINAL RESULT :Yet to recieve.
12) YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE UrPERCENTILE.COM SUBSCRIBERS PREPARING FOR GD : Please take initiave and try to kool the group and streamline the GD process.
13) FEEDBACK ON THE WEBSITE URPERCENTILE. COM: Special thanks to urpercentile as it has helped to interact with the community and helps in preparing for the exams.
From : Shiv
FOR GD :
This is my contribution to the GD forum.
Last year I appeared in the GD/PI of KJ Somaiya.
It was scheduled on 17th but i requested them to change my date to 14 but they changed it to 15th, giving the reason that they On the first three days of gd/pi at any centre have called only job ex persons it will not be in my favour.
On the 15th at the IIFT Delhi building the whole process started with the essay writting....on any of the 2 given topic in 2 pages in 15 minutes. But here again a big but they collected the sheet only after 10 minutes saying its sufficient no need to write more. They we divided in the groups and given a particular room no. to
Here in gd it was a case study, yeah one more thing there was no girl in our group since they have made diffrent groups of boys and girls. In GD there were two persons taking the reading of our speedometers, with out even intruppting once.
After gd we were called to present after tea at the same room.
Tea was provided was the great KJS.
FOR PI :
In PI were called in the preassinged numbers. There were to different persons for interview very friendly they first all asked me about myself...then why marketing, what is ITES, and finally to sell a computer to the lady interviewer assuming she is a
Thats all about my experience of KJs.
Thanks of your coopration urpercentile and hope to get the same sincere and quality guidance from you.
From : Vedant
This is my gd/pi at KJ Somiya.
First thing was a written communication test. I was supposed to
write an essay on -" whether democracy in iraq will stay or not?"
We were told beforehand by the KJSom officials there that this was
to check out proficiency in English and just that.
Next was GD . The KJSom people again were very helpful. The told
beforehand that anybody who creates nuisance will be immidiately
asked to leave.
It was a case study " Prashant is a hardworking person.
Overworks. Got medical problems and needs attention and rest.
Should chairman put him as GM being the most eligible person?
What about other overworked people in organisation? What remedial
I put my points across and got more than a fair chance to speak. Everyone got a chance to conclude, and so no punga.
Interview went smooth enough, couldnt answer one question .
Asked me to describe myself?
Why only marketing?
Long term goal - (ans-launch a marketing agency of my own)
weakness then they tried to put me into a corner by bouncers like
how would i ever start an organisation or even work in marketing
when i had this weakness. i tackled it.
About father and his work. asked me to solve a puzzle , on my
insistence of oh-so-great problem solving skills of mine. Two
variables a and b . there values have to be exchanged without
using any other memory or variable. I showed them ways thru
pointer arithmetic. but no use. i dont think it will bother too much.
Next was ...again on long term goal. how would I launch a
product...What do you think are the important steps.
Mera jawab- understand the existing needs, make a framework
,evaluate its profit potential,give work to my designers, take
suitable input from probable users to improve it, target the
market, advertise thru channels. and later put due attention on
maintenance and other quality aspects.
Some other small questions...don't remember, but not very
After that i came out smiling, went to a fundu coffee shop with my
pal and finally solved that puzzle. Save Grace.